Lead generation is critical to building a successful business. Everyone has a role to play with generating leads on LinkedIn. It doesn't matter what function you have within a business, if you have a quality network and your organisation engages in effective LinkedIn marketing - you can help create business opportunities.
LinkedIn is the perfect platform for effective professional lead generation.
One of the most common questions I am asked is, "Should I connect with anyone on LinkedIn?"
My response is simple, "Ask yourself one question. Is there a possible business opportunity generated by this connection?"
If you can honestly answer YES, then connect. This contact may be either the direct prospect or the conduit to making an opportunity happen. The important thing to note, is that you have PAUSED AND THOUGHT before sending a connection request.
Your LinkedIn network should be an evolving pool of quality connections. Nurture your network by strategically connecting with the right people. You would be surprised how little thought and time is invested in this powerful process.
As a first step make sure you are connected to the following:
Once you connected with the above, start doing some targeted prospecting. LinkedIn has a powerful advanced search functionality. Take the time to use it, you will find plenty of quality prospects that you should be reaching out to.
When you reach out, be the difference; PERSONALISE and craft a SUCCINCT,TRANSPARENT and INFORMATIVE message explaining why you would like to connect. We know that people respond positively to these simple tips. I can also assure you that you and your brand will "stick" in their mind given that you have provided more information.
It is competitive out there, 400+ million users globally. How are you going to stand-out? Quite simply, you are going to be AUTHENTIC.
- You are going connect with a targeted group of people
- You are going be personable, warm and honest
- You are going to articulate the challenges you solve
- You are going to ADD VALUE to their LinkedIn experience by sharing interesting insights, articles and information
- You are going to engage with your network's activity - liking, sharing and commenting professionally
My last tip is to REVIEW YOUR CONNECTION LIST. On a quarterly basis, export your list and go through it.
- Assess your list - Where people have moved? Who has been promoted?
- Touch base with clients
- Reach out to prospects
- Disconnect from those who don't present a business opportunity