Why are you on LinkedIn?
Well... To be honest most of you created a profile long ago and have probably never changed it. However, you jump on LinkedIn to have a look at what people are up to, source some talent for your business, look for job opportunities or spend some time reading articles and posts.
- You are in SALES so you spend time prospecting for leads.
- You are in RECRUITMENT so you are on the hunt for talent or clients.
- You are in START-UP MODE so you are DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE.
What about using LinkedIn for MARKETING?
I am often challenged by potential clients that LinkedIn Marketing doesn't work. They have tried publishing a couple of articles, posted some status updates, however, their efforts didn't amount to any leads.
I'd like to spend a few moments convincing you to LOOK at LinkedIn Marketing in a different way...
Linkedin Marketing IS NOT a quick sales conversion.
LinkedIn Marketing IS ABOUT:
- CONSISTENTLY demonstrating your deep expertise and industry knowledge within your chosen sector. SNAP!
- BUILDING BRAND AWARENESS by consistently engaging with your network.
- Being ACTIVE. Making sure you are "FRONT AND CENTRE" of your network's mind when they go to make a financial spend.
It is much easier to SELL your "wares" when you have already spent time and effort marketing your business in an inobtrusive way on LinkedIn.
- DEMONSTRATE your expertise - have an ACTIVE & VIBRANTcompany page
- GIVE freely your expert advice.
- SHARE valuable knowledge
Read more about fine-tuning your Company LinkedIn profile here.
The GOOD NEWS is that LinkedIn Marketing works across multiple industries - if your target market is sitting on Linkedin then the opportunity is there.
- Luxury Goods - Creative Agencies - Industrials - Wine - Lawyers - Retail - Commerical Property - Recruitment - Wealth Advisors - Investments - Financial Services - IP - Copywriters - Real Estate - Mentors/Coaching - Stylists - Education - Professional Services ... The list goes on ...